AT THE CHÂTEAU DES TERMELLES
Full size snooker table
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS IN DESCARTES (6KM)
- PARC DE LOISIRS
The Parc de loisirs offers a range of activities including Base Nautique where you can hire a canoe or kayak and spend time on the river either in a group or go it alone. Espace Aquatique is a water park open all days in July and August offers activities for all ages, water slides and a cafe. Tennis is also on offer or if thats all too much then take a walk in the beautiful public gardens of Parc de loisirs and see the many gorgeous plants and animals there.
- Visit the home of famous philosipher Renè Descartes (“I think therefore I am”) which has been turned into a museum.
- FUTUROSCOPE THEME PARK – (48km -40 mins) So much on offer from fun fair rides, fantastic shows and many other activities for all the family!
- TOURS - About 45mins away Tours is the capital of the Indre-et-Loire and offers everything a usual city will offer, shops, restaurants, and many activities.
- LOCHES – (appromiately 30 mins) Vibrant and one of the most beautiful towns in France, there are many shops and restaurants, tourist information centre and of course the Château Des loches
- CHINION – (approximately 1 hour) If you like french wine and pretty buildings then a visit to Chinion is a must with its many vineyards and tiny streets and of course a Château to explore!
- CHÂTEAU DE CHENONCEAU – one of France’s most popular tourist stops, this grand and very spectacular Château is a day trip to plan in, hire a rowing boat, lunch in the orangerie or get lost in the history of the château, you are sure to have a great day.
- TELESKI NAUTIQUE, MONCONTOUR – For the adrenaline junkie why not try cable skiing at Teleski Nautique where you are pulled by a cable on your skis around a lake!